Hilco Global Scholarship
The Hilco Global Scholarship is a unique opportunity specifically for students residing in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood. Generously funded by Hilco Global, an independent financial services company, this scholarship funds two years of education at City Colleges of Chicago for two qualifying candidates.
Find a career, strengthen your community
This scholarship empowers students to pursue professions in areas like engineering, construction management, IT, and more. Jobs in these fields are expected to grow at a faster-than-average rate, giving future graduates a great shot at a fulfilling career. By reducing prohibitive cost barriers, the Hilco Scholarship supports a great education while also helping to shape the Little Village neighborhood.
- Receive a high-quality education at no cost
- Earn a degree that can take you to a rewarding career, or transfer to a four-year college or university with little to no debt
- Students who do not qualify for the Star Scholarship may be eligible for the Hilco Scholarship
- Are current City Colleges students or plan to attend City Colleges as a degree-seeking student
- Reside in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood (zip code 60608 or 60623)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Plan to pursue an associate degree in one of the following skilled trades:
- Construction management
- Information technology
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Transportation, distribution, and logistics
Please fill out the pre-application below to be considered for the Hilco Global Scholarship for current or future students of City Colleges of Chicago. Determinations of scholarship awards will be made for the FALL2019 semester.
By providing a phone and email address, I am opting-in to receive communications from City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), I understand that CCC will not share my information with external organizations.
About Hilco Global
Hilco Global’s real estate development group, Hilco Redevelopment Partners, is redeveloping Little Village’s shuttered Crawford Power Generation site into a state-of-the-art facility for logistics and warehousing. The project should bring new skilled jobs to the neighborhood and support the local economy.
“As a company beginning a substantial real estate project within the Little Village community, we wanted to go beyond investing in the cleanup and redevelopment of this industrial site by making an investment in the most important asset of all: the young residents in the Little Village neighborhood,” said Hilco Global CEO and Chairman Jeffery Hecktman.
We’re happy to see Hilco Global make such an investment in our city’s neighborhoods and are proud that they’ve chosen to support City Colleges and our students.
Explore City Colleges
See what you can study and earn a degree or certificate.
An Affordable Education
Learn more about our other scholarship offers.