Earn College Credit For Free
Join the Early College program to enroll in college-level courses while still in high school, reducing both the time and the money needed to earn a college degree.
The Early College program offers two ways for you to earn college credit: dual credit and dual enrollment. High school juniors and seniors who are at least 16 years old are eligible to participate. If you are younger than 16 and want to participate in Early College, you must get approval from the college president or vice president of your desired City Colleges location.
Enroll in Early College and you can:
- Save time and money on the cost of a college degree.
- Train for a high-demand career, helping you get a job right out of college.
- Access to the same great teachers and quality resources that other City Colleges students enjoy.
- Receive personalized advising help, allowing you to take charge of your education.
- Develop important time management and study skills that will serve you well in college and the workplace.
If you’re a junior or senior at a participating high school, you can take college credit classes at your school through the dual credit program with City Colleges. You’ll get both college and high school credit without having to adjust your weekly schedule.
As a high school junior or senior, you can enroll at one of the City Colleges of Chicago and attend classes on campus. Classes cover subjects like English, math, foreign languages, and science. Students can also register for career pathway courses, which are designed to prepare them for work in a high-demand industry. Career pathway areas of study include automotive technology, business, early childhood development, logistics, and IT
Student Success Stories
- Talk to your high school advisor about Early College.
- Get approval from your advisor and the dual enrollment advisor at your preferred City Colleges location.
- Complete the City Colleges application at www.ccc.edu/apply.
- Select the option that reads: Pursue a limited amount of courses as a visiting student, personal interest, or as a dual enrollment/credit student.
- Choose a class schedule that fits your interests.
- Connect to an Early College coordinator to discuss the next steps.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a resident of the city of Chicago
- 16 years old or a junior or senior in high school
- 2.5 GPA (recommendation letters are accepted if GPAs are less than 2.5)
- 90% attendance rate